Friday, August 12, 2011

Surgery Day

In just a few hours, Sylvia will be admitted to the hospital for surgery to remove the cancer in her right breast.  We thank you all for your prayers for her and for the surgery team who will be doing the operation.  David and Sylvia are experiencing God's peace in an extra-ordinary way, just as He promised in Philippians 4:6-7.  We are trusting our loving Heavenly Father as we continue this journey.  Please keep our partners, Revs. Peter and Jenny Isaac, and all our pastors and churches in Vanuatu in your prayers as well.

Here are some of the promises that have been an encouragement in these days leading up to surgery:

Psalm 23:1
The LORD is my Shepherd.  I have everything I need.

Deuteronomy 31:6 
Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of [this cancer], for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Habakkuk 3:18-19 
...yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.  The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment